Aether is the first open source 5G Connected Edge platform for enabling enterprise digital transformation. It delivers mobile connectivity and edge cloud services for distributed enterprise networks with cloud- based management. Aether is optimized for multi-cloud deployments and simultaneous support for wireless connectivity over licensed, unlicensed and lightly-licensed (CBRS) spectrum.
Aether utilizes modular building blocks that leverage other established open source ONF projects
- ROC Runtime configuration module for all Aether project components
- SD-Core 4G, 5G core network stack
- SD-RAN near real-time RIC supporting development of xApps
- SD-Fabric SDN programmable forwarding plane with UPF functionality
Aether Platform Services
Aether combines the benefits of 5G with unmatched operational flexibility and economics
- Optimized for multi-edge sites
- Centrally managed from a user friendly dashboard
- Supports low latency mission critical edge applications
- Supports AI/ML driven IoT and OT applications
- Optimize deployments with edge processing, filtering, data aggregation, compression and analytics to reduce bandwidth and public cloud costs
Aether: An Open Source Platform for Private 5G Connected Edge
Learn how Aether can simplify deployment and operation of a secure, flexible and economical single or multi-edge private 4G/5G network.
Aether Community Meetings Highlight Examples of Aether Use Cases
Register to receive email about upcoming Aether Community Meetings
Aether Deep Dive
Explore what’s inside Aether and the key building blocks that make this open source platform ideal for private 5G connectivity + connected edge cloud services.
Learn About the Latest Aether Release
The TST oversees the Aether project and is responsible for all technical decisions.