Aether is wide recognized as the leading open source private 5G platform. It provides a cloud optimized solution running on Kubernetes as native microservices with scaleout. Optimized for the rigors of enterprise Industry 4.0 applications, Aether offers an end-to-end solution that can be deployed with a range of RAN options, including open RAN. Aether is highly scalable enabling users to gain hands-on experience and start with small deployments and scale as requirements expand into large distributed private networks supporting both 4G and 5G connectivity.
Aether is comprised of multiple elements that simplifying development, testing and deployment:
- OnRamp – Documentation and playbooks to simplify deployment and customization
- AMP – Aggregated configuration and management for single or multi-server, distributed networks
- SD-Core – 4G/5G core network stack
- RAN Options:◦ SD-RAN – Open RAN with near real-time RIC supporting creation of xApps/rApps
◦ Simulated RAN (GNBSIM) – Integrated RAN simulator in SD-RAN for testing/PoC
◦ Commercial Small Cells (MosoLabs, Sercomm, etc.)
◦ Software Defined Radio for Research (OAI)
Aether Community Meetings Highlight Examples of Aether Use Cases
Register to receive email about upcoming Aether Community Meetings
The TST oversees the Aether project and is responsible for all technical decisions.