Rajiv Papneja is Vice President & Fixed Network CTO at Huawei Technologies USA. Rajiv is a established and credited leader with 16 years of experience in building networks, catalyst to adoption of new technologies (MPLS, CE, IP-Optical), managing cross-function teams, guiding solution architects, driving solution innovation and managing the adoption chain.
He is a versatile and recognized industry leader accredited to build pre-sales teams to meet or exceed customer expectations through innovative solution developments and service differentiation creation.
He is a valued consultant for emerging technologies such as SDN/NFV to fellow leaders in Huawei customer base across the Globe leveraging direct hands-on experience in the lab and field.
Rajiv’s skills and experience include the following:
- Standards Contributions/Patents: Active contributor to SDOs, speaker, trainer, and hold patent in the area of wireless backhaul. Contributor – RFCs (4990, 5814, 6414, 6777, 6894, 7522) and several Internet drafts. Founding team member – Cloud Ethernet Forum
- Product Positioning/Mktg: White papers, product positioning documents, CSPA, Customer requirement analysis and solution development, guidance
- Management and Leadership: Distributed cross-functional teams with strong technical depth and partnership. Recognized Executive member of SCTE and graduate of Tuck Executive leadership program at Dartmouth University. A trust worthy coach grooming team members and preparing future technical leaders
- Technical Expertise: System and E2E Carrier Solutions – SDN, NFV, Orchestration, Core SP technologies – MPLS, IP-Optical, Routing/Switching Protocols, Cloud and Mobility, MSO solutions
- Market Strategy, Technical Sales and Operations: Product Mgmt/Mktg, Requirement analysis, Customers pain point analysis, competitive benchmarking, Analysts engagements, and field learning to evolve new product requirements/engagements
Rajiv Papneja is currently leading Huawei global solutions Elite team responsible for E2E solution (MSO, IP, SDN) positioning and lifecycle management for global tier 1 SPs and MSOs.