The Stratum community is pleased to announce the release of Stratum 2022-03-18 (or 22.03 for short) including hardware targets that have been certified for this new release. A Stratum Core Contributors Program has also been launched and community members are invited to join.
Stratum v22.03 Overview
The Stratum 2022-03-18 release (or 22.03 for short), contains a number of new features and bug fixes, including:
- Stratum now uses P4Runtime canonical byte strings by default.
- For stratum_bfrt targets, the old behavior can be enabled with the enable_bfrt_legacy_bytestring_responses flag.
- P4Runtime metadata translation is now experimentally supported for stratum_bfrt and is enabled with the experimental_enable_p4runtime_translation flag.
- Support for Intel P4Studio 9.5.2, 9.7.1, and 9.8.0 (9.3.x is no longer supported)
- Starting with 9.7.0, only stratum_bfrt is supported, and stratum_bf will be removed for all versions in the next release.
Hardware Certified for the Stratum v22.03 Release
The following hardware targets have been certified by ONF's Continuous Certification Program for the Stratum v22.03 release and will continue to be re-verified on a daily basis against the most recent version of the software. Details about these products can be viewed in the ONF Marketplace.
Pre-built Docker images and Debian packages, along with a more extensive change list, can be accessed on the Stratum 2022-03-18 release page.
- APS Networks BF2556X-1T
- APS Networks BF6064X-T
- Edgecore AS7712-32X
- Edgecore Wedge100BF-32X
Stratum Core Contributors Program
The Stratum community has launched a Core Contributors Program and invites individuals to join. Core Contributors are individuals who manage Github issues, approve pull requests and help maintain the Stratum project. The goal of this program is to have a diverse group of individuals whose overall expertise icovers the entire project. Check out the details for how to participate as a Core Contributor at CONTRIBUTION.md. You can view the list of current core contributors is in the wiki.