ONF Announces 15 Participants Demonstrating 21 Real-World SDN Use Cases in Five Categories
Santa Clara, Calif. – September 23, 2015
WHAT: The Open Networking Foundation (ONF) has announced the full list of participants in the second annual SDN Solutions Showcase at the SDN & OpenFlow™ World Congress. The showcase will highlight a broad range of SDN technologies, products, and applications based on OpenFlow, OpenDaylight, the Open Network Operating System (ONOS), Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV), and vendor-specific innovations demonstrated through pragmatic use cases. The SDN Solutions Showcase at the SDN & OpenFlow World Congress will be divided into themed demonstrations that address a wide range of applications, including carrier wide area networks (WAN), security, data center, campus, network functions virtualization (NFV), and testing and interoperability.
WHO: A total of 21 showcases from 15 companies, comprised of industry organizations and educational institutions, will highlight real-world SDN use cases in five different categories. The following is a listing of participating companies, organized by category. Many of the demonstrations outlined below will also feature real-world customers highlighting their SDN deployments.
- Carrier WAN SDN: These solutions will show how SDN is changing carrier Ethernet and its services by lowering cost, increasing management control, and reducing solution complexity and speed to deployment.
- ADVA Optical Networking, Brocade Communications, Corsa Technology, Huawei, KT, NoviFlow, the Open Network Operating System (ONOS), and Sedona Systems.
- Data Center SDN: Demonstrations of SDN deployment, orchestration, cloud integration, and gateway management.
- Canada’s Centre of Excellence in Next Generation Networks (CENGN), KEMP Technologies, and ONOS
- Campus SDN: These demonstrations will highlight projects completed by ONF’s open source community, OpenSourceSDN.org that will assist end users in their campus network deployments.
- ONF open source software projects including Atrium 2015/A.
- SDN Testing: Introducing unique solutions that support the development of market solutions and provide insight into network performance in SDN environments.
- SDN/NFV: These examples highlight several important building blocks and complete solutions that demonstrate both the promise and potential of NFV.
- CENGN, Freescale, Luxoft, and ONOS
WHEN: The SDN & OpenFlow World Congress will take place Monday, October 12 – Friday, October 16, 2015. The SDN Solutions Showcase will be open during EXPO hours on October 13 – 14 from 08:00 – 19:20 CEST, October 15 from 08:00 – 18:00 CEST, and October 16 from 08:00 – 14:00 CEST.
WHERE: The Swissôtel Neuss/Düsseldorf will host the SDN & OpenFlow World Congress.
To register for the SDN & OpenFlow World Congress, please visit: http://www.layer123.com/sdn. For more information about the SDN Solutions Showcase, please visit: https://opennetworking.org/sdn-solutions-showcase-2015.
Launched in 2011 by Deutsche Telekom, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Verizon, and Yahoo!, the Open Networking Foundation (ONF) is a growing nonprofit organization with more than 140 members whose mission is to accelerate the adoption of open SDN. ONF promotes open SDN and OpenFlow technologies and standards while fostering a vibrant market of products, services, applications, customers, and users. For further details visit the ONF website at: https://opennetworking.org.