ONF to Facilitate SDN Workshop, Give Opening Speech at NFV & SDN Summit in Paris
Paris– March 13, 2014
WHAT: Open Networking Foundation (ONF)Market Education Committee Chair Marc Cohn will facilitate the ONF/Software-Defined Networking (SDN) Workshop during the NFV & SDN Summit. ONF Executive Director Dan Pitt will also deliver an opening speech at the event.
WHO: The workshop focus on ONF’s vision and progress in SDN, discuss how carriers and data center operators will benefit from SDN, and how SDN can enable NFV in carrier networks. Workshop participants will include:
- Chris Janz, vice president of market development, Ciena
- Linda Dunbar, engineer and technical leader of advanced technology group, Huawei
- Ning So, head of network architecture, TaTa Communications
- David Meyer, CTO and chief scientist, Brocade
Cohn will also lead a panel on the progress and challenges of SDN, assessing the readiness of SDN from a diverse set of perspectives. This panel will include:
- Nicholas Fischbach, director of network strategy & architecture, Colt
- Caroline Chappell, senior analyst, Heavy Reading
- Guru Parulkar, executive director of the Open Networking Research Center (ONRC), Stanford University
- Phill Robb, director networking solutions, Linux Foundation tech liaison, OpenDaylight
Dan Pitt’s opening discussion is entitled “Open SDN in the Mainstream,” and it will discuss how ONF continues to drive the open SDN movement to commercial success.
WHEN: The NFV & SDN Summit is from March 18 – 21, 2014. The ONF/SDN Workshop will take place from 2:00 – 6:00 p.m. CET on Tuesday, March 18, 2014. Dan Pitt’s opening speech “Open SDN in the Mainstream,” will occur at 8:50 a.m. CET on Wednesday, March 19, 2014.
The full event agenda can be accessed here.
WHERE: The NFV & SDN Summit will take place at the Marriott Hotel & Conference Centre, Paris Rive Gauche.
Media or analysts interested in one-on-one meetings at the NFV & SDN Summit with ONF Executive Director Dan Pitt should contact Andi Bean at email@example.com.
Launched in 2011 by Deutsche Telekom, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Verizon, and Yahoo!, the Open Networking Foundation (ONF) is a growing nonprofit organization with more than 120 members whose mission is to accelerate the adoption of open SDN. ONF promotes open SDN and OpenFlow® technologies and standards while fostering a vibrant market of products, services, applications, customers, and users. For further details visit the ONF website at: https://opennetworking.org.